Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoters of this lottery are Curry GAA and Shannon Gaels GAA Club (hereinafter referred to as “the Promoters”) c/o O’Dowd LLP, Bridge Street, Co. Roscommon, F52 WO29.
2. The terms and conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
3. The Promoter is established and conducted for no purpose connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
4. The lottery is open to all natural persons aged 18 years or older. Any tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the lottery. Any such entry entered into the lottery will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
5. The lottery was granted a licence in Carrick On Shannon District Court on the 18th day of May 2021.
6. The purpose of the lottery is to raise funds for the benefit of Curry GAA Club and Shannon Gaels GAA Club respectively.
7. The cost of a lottery ticket will be €100.00.
8. Only the name(s) on the ticket shall be included in the lottery. By purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket holder is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. Members of the Organising Committee appointed to organise and oversee the lottery are expressly precluded from purchasing a lottery ticket.
10. There is no limit to the number of lottery tickets that an individual may purchase.
11. There are a maximum number of lottery tickets available of 20,000.
12. Once purchased, the lottery ticket is non-refundable except in circumstances where the lottery is cancelled by the Promoters. In that event, lottery ticket holder may claim a refund from the Promoters.
13. Neither the Promoter nor any of their respective trustees or members nor any of their respective servants, agents, licensees, or organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the lottery ticket holders for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by the lottery ticket holder participating in this lottery.
14. Neither the Promoter nor any of their respective trustees or members nor any of their respective servants, agents, licensees, or organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
15. The 1st prize in the lottery is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house at 60 Farmhill Manor, Strandhill Road, Co Sligo, Ireland (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”). Any photographs on winahouseinsligo.ie or elsewhere are not of the Property and are instead for illustrative purposes only. The value of the Property at the time of publishing the terms and conditions herein set out is in excess of €300,000. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is non-transferrable and vests in the winner only.
16. Five cash prizes of 1,000 euro will be drawn from entries remaining after the draw for the 1st prize of a house has been completed.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional prizes to the lottery. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the lottery ticket holders on winahouseinsligo.ie.
18. The lottery draw will be held on the 9th of January 2022 at the Sligo Park Hotel and will be streamed via social media as will be notified to lottery ticket holders on winahouseinsligo.ie.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to alter or change the date of the lottery draw for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify the lottery ticket holders as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on winahouseinsligo.ie.
20. The winner will be announced within 28 days of the lottery draw on winahouseinsligo.ie.
21. To claim the prize, the winner must contact the Promoters by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. The winner may be subject to verification as the Promoters may in their absolute discretion think fit.
23. If a winner has not claimed their prize within 14 days of the notification of same on winahouseinsligo.ie, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize from that winner and select a replacement winner.
24. The lottery will be implemented and conducted by the Promoters. The preparation of entries for the final draw and the final draw will be independently observed by BDO Ireland.
25. The Promoters decision in respect of the winners and all or any other matters concerned with this lottery is final.
26. The legal title to the Property will be transferred to the winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances as soon as practicable following the lottery draw.
27. The winner of the Property will be required to appoint his/her own solicitor to act in the transfer of the Property.
28. If the winner does not appoint a solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to effect the transfer of the legal title to the Property to them and in any event enter into a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the Property within six months from the date of claiming the prize the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
29. The winner will be responsible for all or any legal costs incurred in the transfer of the Property to include the legal fees of their solicitor, stamp duty, registration expenses and all other related outlays and expenses.
30 Neither the Promoters nor any of their respective trustees or members nor any of their respective servants, agents, licensees or organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed give any warranty or make any representation as to the state and condition of the Property in any way, nor shall they or any of them be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Property.
31. The winner of the Property shall accept the fit out and finish of the Property as provided without any recourse to the Promoters.
32. The Promoters reserve the right at all times to amend the lottery and the terms and conditions herein set out and in purchasing a lottery ticket each lottery ticket holder consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Promoters further reserve the right to cancel this lottery for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the lottery or these terms and conditions will be notified to the lottery ticket holders by way of notice on winahouseinsligo.ie.
33. Neither the Promoters nor any of their respective trustees or members nor any of their respective servants, agents, licensees, or organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed accept any responsibility whatsoever (whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception, communication failure or otherwise) for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries or applications.
34. This event is a fully licensed lottery under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as substituted by Section 12 of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019).
35. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
- The Promoters will retain and use the lottery ticket holder’s personal data for the duration of the lottery and a reasonable period thereafter.
- On purchasing a lottery ticket, the ticket holder agrees to the use of his or her details being used in connection with this lottery.
- The winners hereby agree and consent to the use of their personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the lottery.
- The winner of the Property also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to affect the transfer of the Property to him/her.